Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feather

A feather that strayed into my kitchen one night


A feather strayed into my kitchen one night. I am not sure from where did it come and to which bird it belongs. My children found it very lovely. For them it was something unusual, they spot birds but feathers are rarely found over here.

Earlier in my village I have seen people using feather as an ear bud when it itches. Some use it to apply medicines on wounds.  Much before that, ie. in ancient times feathers were used as pens by sages and writers. It later gave way to pencils and pens. 

I happened to come across this word -  pteronophobia- fear of feathers. But I couldn't find a word for the hobby of collecting feathers.

1 comment:

Mirror, mirror, on the wall….

I wandered lonely as a cloud That floats on high o'er vales and hills, When all at once I saw a crowd, A host, of golden daffodils;  (Wi...