Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Teachers' Day!

"Teacher, write about us in your blog." This was a request made by my students two years ago. I tried many times but failed in writing something interesting. They were a pleasant, lovable and energetic lot. So are all my students.

When I get a new batch every year I talk to them for some time about my expectations from them. I make it clear to them that their marks and behaviour are the greatest gifts that they give me and I don't need anything else. If they strongly feel the need to give something then I prefer a hand made card.So every year I get ample cards with words expressing gratitude written on it.


But when I got a huge  card this year on Teachers' Day with signs of all thirty two students of my class on it, I was really surprised. It is not about the size of the card, it is the pain that they took to make it and bring it to school without my notice. It was really moving and I felt rewarded. 





They signed off with the note 'Always keep smiling teacher.' I know at some point of my life I forgot to smile heartily. It is the company of children that keeps me ticking. I am thankful to God for this. 







No comments:

Post a Comment