Friday, February 25, 2011

A slice of Nature

Bindu, you asked whether there is really a jungle near by my home. Jungle is an exaggeration from my side to describe the slice of nature that we are ensconced in. But as you said this is a luxury that we enjoy right in the middle of a city. Different kinds of trees dot the place. I have mentioned in my earlier writing about the greenery which is a haven of birds, bees, squirrels etc. You have heard of plucking flowers but have you ever seen plucking jackfruits from the tree? This is possible at my place. Remember what a strenuous effort it was and still is, in our village. As a writer who researches mostly on travel, I have come across many exotic bird watching locations. Well, this place can be called a mini bird watching location. I have once spotted a peahen sitting on top of a building next to my home. There is a green but barren field nearby, where I take my kids for a walk at times. While writing about many holiday locations I have come across some interesting facts about certain places which I will share in my next writings.   

1 comment:

  1. You are really privileged and lucky. As a nostalgic person from a place where sun rises and sets without any prelude or any sort of 'provocation',and without being noticed by anyone, I could feel and enjoy everything you have described.
    While your children go for a walk in the green fields my hapless ones have to be satisfied with the artificialities of shopping malls... I would like to begin my next blog here...
    Keep on writing...

    ReplyDelete